Thursday, March 24, 2016

Writing Prompt: Bad Dog Owner! Bad!

I've been allowing Facebook to slowly drain out of my life over the past few months, and I'll admit, it's been shockingly difficult and liberating. The only trouble I keep running into is lack of information. Because Facebook is such an echo chamber of information (mostly garbage), most information is filtered through the site, and there is A LOT of information on the Information Super Highway.

I remember the commercials for the Information Super Highway when I was in, like 8th or 9th grade or something, with no freaking idea the impact it would have on EVERYTHING. There was a little girl, and she was British (hmmmm wonder why) and she was yammering on about the coming of the Information Super Highway...ooooOOOoooo.

Fast forward to yesterday. Yesterday, I did not get on Facebook but for a brief moment to promote myself (which I NEVER do so DON'T JUDGE ME); therefore, I was not aware of the fact that yesterday was National Puppy Day.

Then, whilst browsing today, I saw post after post of puppies galore, and it is tearing me apart (Lisa) that I did not even acknowledge it and post a giant shrine of pictures of Linus all over all of the Facebooks. I am the WORST.

Except...I'm not the worst. The worst is that, while the information super highway did change the world as we know it by putting all of the information that ever existed in this other realm where we can do whatever we want with it, it also put ALL OF THE INFORMATION THAT EVER EXISTED into this, like other dimension, where we can do whatever we want with it.

I'm not saying I'm mad at Facebook or National Puppy day or even any of the adorable posts on Facebook of puppies with parents that are way better than I am. Not at all. Puppies are magic.

However, I am saying, if there's one thing I've learned from Linus Marie Allen, it's that most of the stuff out there is just crap. The real stuff is right here at the end of your nose. Smell it. Touch it. Taste it. Breathe. Run. Gasp. Pant. TRUST.

Love.

Forgive. Then forget.

Lick your butthole.

Here's a song to listen to while you enjoy the show (Linus is my forever puppy).



























No comments: