Friday, April 18, 2008

This is what I think

I think that Nickelback (or however you spell it) is horrible. I think that if I have to listen to that stupid rock star song one more time, I'm going to turn into a person that I never thought I'd be. The other day, I was talking to Liam while forcing him to listen to the song and imagine having to listen to it two to three times a day (radio stations! HANG THE DJ!)...and I actually said, 'I want to beat them...with one of those clubs...you know...with a spike on the end.' Do you see? I'm resorting to medieval warfare. I'm resorting to barbarism. I've become something no one should become. I've flirted with the dark side. Next thing you know, I'll be dressing in animal skins...that I've sewn together with my own hair, and I'll be running around caked in mud and yelling inaudibal phrases...much like a Nickelback song. I'll tell you what I want, Nickelback...for you to stop. Also, 'If Everyone Cared'...your music would not be popular. Perhaps I am being too harsh...perhaps there is some value in the nonsense they produce...perhaps they are lovely boys...or maybe.............Also...is that song supposed to be ironic? I don't know, but something tells me irony is not something high on their list of rhetorical devices. Now, If you'll excuse me, I have to go kill and eat my lunch...with my bare hands.

2 comments:

diana said...

I think you are the victim of delayed european release. wasn't that song popular when we went to see bright eyes?

Hunters Glory said...

finally! someone that feels the way I do about the wooden nickelback....where is the greatness? where is the hook? I dont get it...thanks for sharing