Friday, May 9, 2008

Random Fears

So...I was thinking recently of nothing in particular...actually I was reading Vanessa's blog about her cough, and, for a moment, I had this fear of getting sick. It's so weird thinking about going home...and people being sick. I've managed to avoid being sick, since the debacle in January in which I was sick for like three weeks, by staying home from work and resting as soon as I began to feel ill...and no one at work ever questioned me. Working back home...if you call in sick...you better have a damn doctor's note when you come back...and who can afford to go to the doctor? Not me, certainly. So...I got scared of being sick...and I wanted to blame it on Liam...my getting sick...which has yet to happen...and I wanted to beg him to take me back...but only for a split second. No begging for boys that don't want you. Moments later I remembered that I'd been sick before I met Liam...many many times...and I always had my friends or my mom to whine to about how crappy it was. So...false alarm....I'll probably be fine.

Also...I giggled today. I grinned like a fool and I giggled at work while chatting with the girls about boys.

Hills and Valleys.

My newly epilated legs are covered in insect bites I cannot identify. No itching...just discomforting and unattractive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have wonderful, wonderful friends. Imagine! Having friends to comfort you when this thing happens. Wonderful. Presence, and not just physical presence, is a crucial gift to the struggling soul! Thank you, friends of Caroline. Thank you.
Marcy - Mother

Anonymous said...

Yay for giggling with girls! I miss having girls around to giggle with. I greatly look forward to giggling with you at a girls' night when I come home in July.

Could the marks on your legs actually be irritation from the epilation? Whatever the cause, I hope that the discomfort goes away quickly.

Apryl